Last Updated and Effective as of: 01/27/20
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USAGE
We collect information about you in order to provide you with services that you seek from our website. This includes personal data collected through direct interactions when you:
- sign up for our email list, online content, or any free product that is delivered via email
- register for events and online courses
- contact us directly
- engage with us via email, phone, or through social media
- enter a competition, promotion, contest, or survey
- leave comments or reviews about our products or services
“Personal data” is information that can specifically identify you. Categories of personal data we may collect include identity data, which includes name or other similar identifiers, and contact data, which includes address, email address, and telephone number. We may also collect other types of data that may be considered “personal data” in certain jurisdictions, including the European Union. This data includes:
- Financial and Transactional Data which includes payment information such as credit card, debit card, or other payment details.
- Technical Data which includes internet protocol (IP) address, location data, device, and browser information.
- Usage and Tracking Data which includes how you use our website, advertising we serve on our websites, interact with our advertisements shown on third party websites, and marketing and communications that you choose to receive from us.
As you interact with our website, we may collect, through use of automated technologies, “Technical Data” about you and your hardware. By using our website, you consent to the collection of technical data using automated technologies that include, without limitation:
- Cookies, web server logs, tracking pixels, and similar tools that will improve our services to you and enhance your user experience. A cookie is a small text file that contains an anonymous identifier sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device’s browser and program data subfolders. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your device. We use the following types of cookies: technical cookies that are required for the navigation and operation of our website, functional cookies used to recognize you and your device to optimize future visits to our website, analytical/performance cookies used to improve functionality, and targeting/advertising cookies used to tailor advertising based on how you interact with our website, embedded hyperlinks, and our ads shown on third-party sites.
- Electronic information left after each visit to our website, also known as “clickstream data,” may be collected and stored by our website’s server. This data may tell us the type of device and browser used to visit our website and the address of the website that linked you to our website. Our website may use clickstream data to anonymously determine how much time visitors spend on each page of our website, how visitors use and navigate through our website, and how to best tailor our website to meet the needs of visitors. This information is often used to improve our website’s functionality and our services. Any collection or usage of clickstream data will be aggregated and anonymous and will not intentionally contain any personal information.
Our website and emails are designed for people who are 18 years of age and older. We do not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 13 (or other such ages as restricted under local law). In cases when we are made aware that we have received such information, or any information that violates our policy, we will use reasonable efforts to locate and remove the corresponding information from our records.
THIRD-PARTY LINKS AND SOCIAL NETWORKING SERVICES:
This website may include links to third-party websites, applications, and plug-ins. Engaging with these links, applications, and plug-ins may allow third parties to collect or data about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or policies of these third-party links, applications, and plug-ins. For the management of our emails and online content, we currently use MailChimp ,Wix and WordPress. We encourage you to read their privacy policies to learn about their privacy practices. We also encourage you to read the privacy policies of any websites you visit, including any websites that you access through the usage of our website. Third-party links in our emails and on our website may earn a referral fee that helps fund the free services provided on our website.
Additionally, we may share information collected about you with certain third parties in order to provide certain services available on our website to you. Payment information such as credit card or debit card details, may be requested. By submitting your payment information through our website, you expressly consent to the sharing of your information with third-party payment processors or other third-party service providers, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
LEGAL DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
- In response to a legal request, including search warrants, court orders, or subpoenas, if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so.
- To detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity, including protecting ourselves, you and others, as part of investigations.
You have the right to instantly opt-out, unsubscribe from mailings, and to decide to stop receiving future communications at any time. Please email us at [email protected] to opt-out of communications for our website and services.
Under certain circumstances, including in jurisdictions under General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), you have the right to request access to personal data collected and/or request correction of your personal data at any time. You also have the right to request the deletion of the personal data we are holding for you. If you would like to request access to your personal data or request corrections, please contact us at [email protected]
Withdrawing your consent to collect and process your data will not affect the lawfulness of any data collected and processed before you withdrew your consent. If you request to withdraw your consent, we may need to request specific information from you to confirm your identity and confirm your right to access your personal data. This security measure is put in place to ensure that personal data is only disclosed to the person who has the right to receive it.
We take the responsibility of protecting your information very seriously. We have appropriate security measures put in place to prevent information about you from being accidentally lost, altered, disclosed, used, or accessed in an unauthorized manner. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information provided online. We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data breach that will affect you and will notify you of a breach where we are legally required to do so.